Saturday, May 2, 2009

My 1st Art Show
























I was in my first big art show which has always been a dream to do. (One more thing checked off my list) It was a charity event raising awareness on human slavery. There are people in this world that are forced into the sex trade, child soldiers etc... I've always wanted to add to the world and be part of the change. Just like Gandhi said, " Be the change you want to see in the world."

I painted a shot of a box of baby doll parts as a symbol of the fragility of life and how people are being treated as throw away possesions. The hardest part is knowing that a majority of the slavery is children and they are the future to the world. The title of my piece was

INNOCENCE LOST-PRECIOUS LIVES TORN APART

There were quite a few artists there and a couple of bands. It was neat to see people walking up and looking at something I created and seeing them talking about it. There was also a documantary being shown called Call+Response and it is being screened in all of the major US cities. The documentary is a bunch of muscians, celebrities, poitical figures giving their respose along with actual footage of people living in this torture. It was a definate eye opener and the crowd was quite large and quite taking it all in , many i'm sure in disbelief.


Thanks to everyone who came out not only to support me but to support those who need it most in this world.







1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry we couldn't make it Nat. What a great cause and you did such a good job on your piece of art. Can't wait to see you Saturday and I will bring your dish to you :)

    ReplyDelete